Obs and Gynae Interview Structured Interview Station
Before you enter the structured interview station, the assessors will have spent 10 minutes reading through your portfolio and validating the questions from your application form. You will have been asked to complete a Portfolio Checklist prior to the interview station and insert it into the front of your portfolio.
Questions follow a traditional interview format and are based on the O&G person specification.
Interviewers have only 10 minutes in which to scan through your CV and Portfolio. Having a well-prepared, clearly structured Portfolio in which items can be quickly located will help you score marks and make life easy for the interviewers.
- default_titleInvest in a nice faux-leather A4 binder, plastic wallets and dividers in which to build your portfolio
- default_titleConstruct a contents page that mirrors your CV and add sub-contents pages at the beginning of each section to make it easy for the interviewers to find your documents
- default_titleKnow your Portfolio inside-out and make sure that you can direct interviewers to important publications and evidence quickly
- default_titleSpend time re-reading old audits, presentations and publications. Anything included in your Portfolio may be discussed by the interviewers and it is important that you can recall data and results from projects you undertook several years previously
- default_titleTry to keep your portfolio concise with only evidence that will score points included. Having a large binder may look impressive but it can make things difficult to find for the interviewers
- default_titleBe honest with everything on the portfolio checklist and make sure you have included sufficient evidence to back it up
- default_titleThink about what your key selling points are and what makes you stand out and focus on these attributes
- Show More